Underground trains, cars, machinery and equipment are all sources of vibration in buildings and structures. Failure to consider these factors in building engineering may have serious consequences for building owners and its occupants. At Inspired Noise UK we deliver design solutions for buildings backed up by a comprehensive range of anti-vibration and noise control products.
The ever greater complexity of modern building with its emphasis on variety, elegance of architectural design, and quality of living environment has brought an increase in awareness of the growing problems of noise transmission within building structures.
Efficiency in architectural design typically means lighter construction, construction which is more prone to the transmission of unwanted noise and vibration through building elements. Heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment, elevator drive systems, concentrated occupational activities in entertainment and conference areas, swimming pools, and other functional areas give rise to noise and vibration which must be restricted from passing into the building structure for transmission to adjacent areas.
And, in critically quiet spaces such as concert halls, hospitals, TV and broadcasting studios where external noise must be excluded, design of the building envelope to eliminate all vibration and noise disturbance is an essential component of the development process.
Specific design treatments for building elements include:
- Isolation of mechanical equipment - rubber, spring and air mounts for vibration and noise control.
- Concrete floating floors – reduction of noise, impact and low frequency vibration.
- Isolating ceilings – enhanced architectural ceilings and noise barrier.
- Wall isolation – designed for reduction of both impact noise and transmission of air-borne sound in frame, block and tilt-up wall construction.
- Building Isolators - for support of complete buildings.