Damping Sheet Type DS
An extremelylightweight visco-elastic material with excellent vibration damping properties. When fitted to the surface of a panel it provides an easy technique for reducing levels of radiated noise. INS DS has been specifically designed for high resistance to flame and low smoke and fume properties.
The damping of resonant vibrations in panels and similar structures especially where fire and fume toxicity are major considerations. Noise control in the passenger train and other mass transport industries are principal areas of application. Surfaces must be clean and dry to accept the self adhesive. An even pressure (roller or hand) should be applied to form a bond. A guide to application is available on request.
- Sound proofing of formed steel or aluminium panels and cabinets
- Steel panels in the automotive industry and agricultural machinery
- Widely used in air-conditioning ductwork and the white goods industry
- Used in conjunction with INS range of SuperLag lagging products to dramatically enhance acoustic performance
- Available in sheet form
- Flexible and easily cut
- Easy to handle and install
- Available in four standard weights
- Provides a cost effective sound proofing solution
Acoustic Damping Sheets
Thin metal parts and structures can transmit noise when impacted or by natural resonance when excited by acoustical energy. Vibrating metal is a common noise problem in industrial and commercial environments and one that companies must often take into consideration.
These types of noise problems are often easily solved by applying damping material to these vibrating metal surfaces. Acoustic Damping materials work by changing the natural vibration frequency of the vibrating surface and thereby lowering radiated noise and increasing the transmission loss of the material.
- Metal office furniture
- Sinks, bathtubs, and shower stalls
- Air Conditioners
- Appliance cabinets
- Rapid transit or railway cars
- Recreational vehicles
- Chutes, bins, & hoppers
- Motor and transformer housings
- Machine housing belt guards
- Sheet metal ducts, mixing boxes, and terminal units